About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Material Engineer with over 10 years experience join the Construction Supervision team for a major highway project in Qatar.
A typical week would include:
The key objectives of the roles are to:
* Act as the materials technology specialist, assisting with material issues , front end specification, material submittals review, and technical queries.
* Conduct remedial optioneering – providing repair options, materials, methodology, QA/QC, inspections.
* Conduct failure analysis – post construction failures.
* Review concrete technology, durability and conduct service life assessments.
* Strong experience in material technology; mainly for highways and utilities.
* Experience in site material supervision and commissioning works.
* Conduct all types of survey works and initiate reports related to site materials.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Civil Engineer.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience on related roads and highways projects.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.