Under the direct supervision of the Head of Security (or his designate) in the Country Office, to provide admin and logistics support to the security unit and to support the management of the Covid-19 Duty of Care System, to enable the effective delivery of programmes that meet food assistance needs and maintain the security and safety of WFP personnel, activities and facilities.
The Business Support Assistant (Security) will be contracted for an initial term of 12 months. Contract may be extended based on business need and satisfactory performance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Security (or his designate) in the Country Office, the Security Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Filing all necessary documents, SRM, SOP, and Security Measures, in appropriate manners.
- Filing all minutes of meetings, including SMT, Security Cell, internal meeting etc. and follow up the pending issues and the action matrix.
- Assist in coordination, preparation and conduct of the field missions and including tracking of staff and ensure all security measures are in place before the field missions have been conducted.
- Assist the FSOs/ LSAs in conducting regular security assessment to support safe and effective programme delivery and ensure all field missions reports have been filed and generate action matrix to follow up the recommendations in the reports.
- Assist in implementation of all security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS), to support in compliance at all times.
- Contribute to the update of emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for the crisis.
- Assist in preparation of security assessment reports after missions, to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Take dictation and/ or draft correspondence on a variety of subject matters, ensuring that spelling, punctuation, and format are correct; type correspondence, documents, and reports, some of this communication are highly confidential.
- Maintain and update the office’s filing and reference system including confidential files such as Security Incident Report, SOPs, SRM, Ad-Hoc SRM and staff info forms.
- Prepare Consolidated Staff Emergency Contacts Report and the Staff Overview list and the International Head Count to the management and UNDSS on daily basis.
- Coordinate with the Transportation Team to find the best and financially most feasible travel arrangements that fit the Security Team schedules.
- Assisting the Security Team in submitting their TA tracking sheets, TECs, attendance sheets, leave applications, and security clearances.
- Acting as the Focal Point for Procurement which implies Create Purchase Requisitions, Goods Receipt Notes, Service Entry Sheets on WINGS and manual PRs.
- Communicating with other agencies for various issues related to receiving medical kits and printing WFP IDs.
- Preparing the Procurement yearly plan.
- Maintaining records for loan forms, training courses.
- Assisting in collecting supporting documents requested in some audit conducted exercises.
- Ensure all information and files regarding the above recorded on Unit Drive/ Teamwork.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. University degree in Business Administration or any other related functional area is desirable
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in general administrative work or experience in any UN sister agency or any large company/organization in the field of administration is a plus.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of UN rules and regulations
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving skills
- Attention to details
- Financial awareness
- Experience utilizing computers including word processing and Excel spreadsheets.
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel for statistics and reports is an advantage
- Job Location
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Company Industry
- Non-profit Organization
- Company Type
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role
- Support Services
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies