Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team – and it’s a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo’s future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
– Provide management and key departments such as Sales and CEO Support Office (SPMO) with legal services and advice related to projects and operations, ensuring that ooredoo Telecom interests and objectives are adequately protected and achieved through legal means.
– Providing all departments of Phono and Fast Telco with legal services, consultations and representing it before all governmental entities such as court, the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Social Affairs to protect the best interest of ooredoo and its subsidiaries.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
– Represent ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco in all Kuwait’s courts, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Social Affairs, CITRA and other official entities.
– Prepare proper legal defence and provide it when needed along with all related documents to the Kuwait’s courts and all other official entities.
– Assist, brief and liaise with Ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco externally retained lawyers on specific cases and provide consultations when needed.
– Represent ooredoo in the claim review committee during resolving complex local/international legal disputes/ negotiations and is authorised to settle based on broad parameters/policy guidelines determined by department managers
– File Compensation, Criminal, Civil, Tax official claims/ legal cases for ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco when needed
– Cooperate with internal departments of ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco in order to collect all the information related to any legal cases or official warnings and provide the proper legal recommendation/defence based on the provided information
– Keep abreast of developments in case law, rulings and other aspects of professional knowledge
– Drafting and reviewing contracts, acknowledgements, official letters and all required legal documents in English/Arabic language for ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco.
– Creating and revising required internal procedures such as HR policies, SLAs and disciplinary code in accordance with the Kuwaiti law/ legal procedure.
– Liaise with internal departments of ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco to provide them with legal services on issues related to contracts, licensing, operations, and projects operations, and other related matters
– Provide all departments within ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco with all needed consultation and recommendation when needed.
– Internal investigations: Conduct investigations as required from ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco with competent departments in collaboration with HR.
– External legal criminal investigations: provide full support to ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco employees and there Legal representative by attending the needed investigations at the General Department of Investigations, the Criminal Intelligence Department and the Public Prosecution against ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco employees or there legal representative.
– External Labour investigations: Attending the investigation related to all the Labor complaints raised against ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco in Public Authority of Manpower prior raising the legal case and try to close the case cordially.
– Provide agents of ooredoo, Phono and Fast Telco with legal knowledge such as updated laws and regulations relevant to the business through intensive workshops.
– Lecturing law students and fresh graduates about legal proceedings in communication sector, drafting legal defence latest laws.
– Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
– Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
– Bachelor degree in law from a recognised tertiary institution
– Qualified to practice independently.
– Required 5 years of experience based on progression ladder in corporate legal services and consultation
– Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
– Fluent verbal and written communication in both Arabic and English.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
– Resume / cv
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.